An intensive full day programme offering training on important aspects of verbal communication. This programme covers various exercises that focus on the development of Public Speaking Skills with additional inputs on Voice & Speech enhancement. Video Recording and role-play enhance the interactivity and the effectiveness of the programme. These are further supplemented by specific suggestions on areas of improvement to each candidate. Details of the programme are offered below.
- Help raise level of consciousness about voice in communication
- Development of Modulation in tone of Voice
- Control over nervousness/hesitation etc.
- Refinement in Communication
- Fluency in speech; and overall clarity in communication.
- Poise & Confidence in appearance.
- Communication & Presentation Skills:
Voice & Speech Training
- Building better breath control
- Enhancement of capacity of voice.
- Effectively using Modulation of Voice
- Developing cordiality in voice.
Public Speaking Training
- 2-Minute & 5-Minute presentations
- Video Recording & Play Back Sessions
- Preparing a Presentation – Developing the Structure
- Keeping the Presentation on Track – focus on important points
- Including the right content
- Connecting with the audience
- Handling Stage Fright
- Personal Feedback on performances
- Counseling & Guidance on areas of individual improvement
Articulation in Communication
- Handling Q & As effectively
- Avoiding verbosity – Sticking to the issue
- Ensuring an appropriate tone of voice in speech
- Focus on Speaking Sentences
Duration : One full day of training
Timing : 9.00am to 5.30 pm
Venue : Nimble Centre, 318/3rd floor, Tulsiani Chembers, Free press road, Nariman Point,
Mumbai – 400021.
Contact: 022 22810000/9930527551.
Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
We hear a lot about voice modulation in the age of public presentations.
What is modulation? And why is it so important?
Voice Modulation is your ability, rather, talent to bring in variance in pace, pause, pitch, emphasis on the key word and the tone. Unless you modulate your voice while speaking to a group or even a lone listener, the chances are that you speech will not be effective at all. We have often seen some members of the audience dozing away while the speaker continues his/her speech. Now, I will explain- pace, pause, pitch, emphasis on the key word and the tone.
Pace: if you speak very fast you will not be understood but, if you speak very slowly you tend to become dull and listeners will not like to listen to you. However, when you speak with a medium speech, though audience can understand you but the same pace of your words will render your speech monotonous.
Pause: Just as in written text you have coma, full stop, paragraph and other punctuation marks, your speech too must reflect the same by means of pauses of different durations. This will make the speech effective.
Pitch: It is the note on which you speak. While attending a solemn meeting you cannot speak on higher pitch. But at the same time if the commentator of a football match speaks at a low pitch, nobody will like to listen to him.
Emphasis on the key word: Just as you get unwanted results if you Google a wrong key word, different meaning will be conveyed by the same sentence when you emphasis a wrong word.
Tone: Tone is most dicey. It is easy to control the words and the sentences. But it is very difficult to control the tone. Tone represents the emotions with which you speak. Often times, due to inappropriate tone the speaker lands into trouble.